Friday, October 24, 2008

The translation to my post

Ok, so I feel really bad that people that don't speak nay portuguese will come here and not understand a word of what's going on in our lives. So I will do a quick translation, especially bcuz I don't remember everything I wrote just a couple of hours ago.
Isabelle is turning one on the 31st of this month (my little halloween baby) and we are so excited. I have been preparing for her party since last week and this weekend will be hectic as well so I can get as much done before hand. The "theme"of the party will be "Enchanted forest"and she will be dressed up as a fairy. The decorations are pretty much done and so this weekend I just have to worry about cooking some of the food and freezinf it for the big day. The sweets (brigadeiro and beijinho- brazilian traditional candy for birthday parties) are done and the cake will be done o thrusday and decorated on Friday. I can believe she's almost one. Time flew by and she really is a little girl now, her features chenged so much and the baby face is gone (she keeps changing more and more though so I might think she still had the baby face a few weeks from now)
School is killing me sometimes, especially bcuz of the amount of hours I put in, studying is really not so much a problem bcuz I try to just really learn things in class and do the necessities at home. I feel guilty not spending time playing with Izzy but I also understand it's a price I have to pay to graduate, and I love my major and I love the things I'm learning, definetly would not give up school for nothing in the world.
We have no exciting news really, just that I am very pumped for the Holidays this year. I think it will be extremely fun to see Izzy running around and playing with us. We don't know what we're doing for Christmas and New Year but we'll figure out something amazing.
Overall we feel very blesses having our little girl with us, she's the joy of our lives and so much fun to be around, she loves to blow kisses and cuddle with her stuffed animals, she especially loves her dogs. We seriously need to get her a pet once we move to a house. She is also bablling and says mama and papa perfectly, no english words so far though, which is fine, bcuz she'll learn eventually. I think the only think in english she says is "bye-bye" and it's adorable.
Also my friend that has been helping me care for Izzy while I'm in school is moving to SLC and so my last two semesters are gonna be tough without her. I don't really know what we're gonna do, we're still trying to figure it out. Mathew's mom might com,e but we don't know if the winter is better of the summer. Any suggestions?
I ended up pouring out a lot more in english than in portuguese, but at least you are all updated now right??
I'm gonna go and get something done so I don't feel like a bum all day.
Oh!!I almost forgot Izzy has two teeth coming out, that makes 8 total....HOLY COW!!!she is fussy with this one...I bet it hurts like heck, so I really don't mind her fussiness when I know she's in pain...gotta love being a mom..... :)
Enjoy the pics....

XOXOXO

Barb

No comments: